Sunday, April 1, 2012

Brunch - Poached Eggs & Roasted Asparagus on Toast


Have you ever come across something in your life, that you find interesting and delicious, and always think it is too complicated and delicate to make, and hence never attempt making it yourself? No? Just me then. Well, that is what poached eggs are to me. Something delicate and delicious and something I only eat at restaurants (Alright, in the name of full disclosure: I have only had the pleasure of enjoying poached eggs about two times in my life. The horror! I know), but they made such a lasting impression on me, that when I saw a post about poached eggs and roasted asparagus on toast by "Poor Girl Eats Well" (click here) on Facebook today, I *had* to attempt and make some myself. And, lo and behold, it was EASY. I kid you not. Of course you need to take care not to over boil your water, and you need to be careful when placing the egg in the water, but really, it's about being patient and loving with your egg, being delicate with it and just letting it do its own thing.


I dare say they turned out wonderful, and husband and I enjoyed a tasty Sunday brunch worthy of being served at a fine dining establishment. Or at least a diner. Either way, it was easy and simple and I think poached might be my new "go to" instead of fried! Please do yourself a favor and try poaching eggs yourself. Don't be intimidated by whatever idea you have of the process, just be brave! 

Follow the instructions on PGEW's website (here) or give her video a look-see (here), if you need some encouragement and instructions, and then enjoy the fruits (er, eggs?) of your labor!


No comments: