Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sweet tooth







































Upper left corner: Guava and cheese empanada
Whaa? I was going to get a chicken empanada, but they were all out at the deli. I asked the woman behind the counter for what she recommended, and she said the guava one was good. I was immediately intrigued and said I would get one. She said it would take a few minutes to heat up. Fine. When she brought it over and I bit into it, I fell in love. The sweetness and softness of the guava mixed with the saltiness and gooeyness of cheese, with the crispy shell. Heavenly. I was tempted to get one for the road, but I was too full. We found the deli by accident, so I can only hope we can find our way back to it someday...

Upper right corner: Frozen yogurt.
Last summer I was converted from an ice cream lover to a froyo lover. So many different flavors, so many different toppings. Endless combinations, endless deliciousness! This time I got four different flavors (it was only my second froyo of the season, and I always get a little overexcited / overwhelmed): "guava (!!!) pineapple tart", "blueberry lychee bliss", "pistachio", and my all time favorite "taro". It was a late birthday (for my father-in-law) and early mother's day (for my mother-in-law) treat.

Lower left corner: Chocolate chip cookie & "tough chai"
You might be wondering what made this chai so tough? Let me tell you. It was extremely spicy, with lots of ginger and other spices. When you drank it, it burned your throat. I feel as though it would be a wonderful drink for when one is feeling under the weather. Otherwise, it made my tummy feel a little funny. But the cookie was good and mellow!

Lower right corner: Waffle + nutella + banana + whipped cream.
This is the only thing in this photo that was homemade by me. I made it for a late breakfast for husband and myself, and I couldn't even finish it. So decadent.


No comments: